In General. You may visit this website without identifying who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Information collected online is generally categorized as anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information is information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Personally identifiable information is information that specifically identifies a particular individual, such as name, address, or phone number. An example of anonymous information is while this website may record the number of visits to a particular page that occurs in a specific period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor. Many users of this website will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this website is anonymous information.
Anonymous Information. Our websites captures certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit our website, traffic patterns and usage data such as the pages you access, the address of the website that directed you to the website or the website you visit when you live the website. Jackson Motorsports Group uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the website so it is more useful to you.
Personally Identifiable Information. The types of personally identifiable information (“PII”) that may be collected on or through our website include your name, your status (such as whether you are a customer, dealer or media professional), mailing address, email address, title or occupation and telephone number. Additional PII that may be collected on or through the website includes but is not limited to:
- If you are purchasing a product or service, your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
- If are entering a sweepstake, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a “Promotion”), your age or birth date.
- If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- If you are sharing an article or page of the website with a third party, the third party email address will also be collected.
- If you are using a service, information necessary to provide the service you have requested.
Location Information. We may collect information about your location when you access or use the website. We may collect information regarding your general location using your IP address. If you access or use the website from a mobile device, we may collect more precise geolocation information from your mobile device. This information may be used to customize certain features of our website and to provide you with location-based services. This information may also be used to send push notifications, which appear on the display of your mobile device in the form of a badge, alert or banner, and allow mobile applications to send information to your mobile device even when the application is not in use.
Purposes of PII Collection. We request PII to provide a service, product or information about Jackson Motorsports Group products or services or to complete a transaction. Examples include subscribing to newsletters, emailing a friend an article from the website, entering a Promotion, purchasing a product or service, completing online surveys, or contacting us with questions or comments.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Jackson Motorsports Group may transfer PII to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Consultants and Service Providers. Jackson Motorsports Group will disclose PII to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, order fulfillment and shipping, Promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction, and payment processing and authorization) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the PII contained in our databases, to provide services to you or Jackson Motorsports Group.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Sometimes we conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Jackson Motorsports Group and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our posted privacy policies.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Jackson Motorsports Group is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Jackson Motorsports Group is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII Jackson Motorsports Group collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- Third-Party Marketing. Jackson Motorsports Group may share your PII with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. Jackson Motorsports Group may transfer PII to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Jackson Motorsports Group by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Jackson Motorsports Group, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. Jackson Motorsports Group does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
Accessing and Updating your PII
You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by writing us at:
Jackson Motorsports Group
1068 Holland Road
Simpsonville, SC 29681
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
You must describe the information in sufficient detail to allow us to locate that information in our records. We may not fulfill a request to change information if we believe the change would violate the law or a legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, some residual information may remain in back-ups, cached, archived or other historical databases. We are not responsible for verifying the authenticity of requests to remove, update or correct information. However, we reserve the right to refuse to modify information if we request proof of identity or authority and the appropriate proof of identity or authority is not provided to us. We do not have the ability to modify or remove third-party records.